Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Wondrous Shadow

I crest the top of the world
The sky a twinkling black

The ground below me sans light

The universe a mess of stars
Scattered below me and above.

A flight I’ve taken a thousand times
The amazement - now mundane
And here as I stare out my looking glass
I feel the wonder once again

The darkness vast, edge-to-edge
The light a humble glow
A shooting star races past above
And silence reigns below

Horizon ablaze with a midnight sun
Whose position I cannot fathom
The silver lining of this shadow land
And by mourning all undone.

Here and there a fire glows,
Galaxies spiraling out,
The northern lights beyond my sight
Their beauty without doubt

A new journey awaits me
New sights I haven’t seen
For all my delays and mishaps

On this flight I’m glad I’ve been

No comments:

Post a Comment